Saturday 3 September 2011

Leeds Castle... NOT in Leeds

We spent the night at The Duke of Cumberland Hotel... perhaps a popular man in England, but I highly doubt you would find a hotel named after him in the Scottish Highlands...
But it was a super cute place, and the town of Whitstable is an ideal English seaside vacation town.

Leeds Castle came highly recommended from a few people, both to my mum and me. I scoffed a bit at the idea, having loved Culzean Castle so much. But it was gorgeous. Not a large castle, but the grounds were vast and well sculpted.
I think I prefer talking to the interpreters standing around the rooms better than reading the information sheets. They know all sorts of interesting little things, and don’t just spew off a bunch of names and dates *yawn*.
AND there was a hedge maze on the grounds. I’ve always wanted to try a hedge maze. And when you got to the centre, there was an underground passageway that led out from the maze. AND there was an aviary, AND a bird show (I had no idea that you could train storks), AND a dog collar museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment