Saturday 17 September 2011

Chocolate Box England

Spending the last couple of days with the Hills in Rugby have been wonderful. Everywhere we have gone on this trip we have been warmly welcomed and well looked after. The Hills are no exception. Diane is very caring, super organised and the perfect hostess. Stuart is likewise, and tops it off with incredible meals.

Yesterday we explored the Cotswolds, which are well known for its warm, honey coloured stone. Stuart is also a professional photographer (on top of being a retired school teacher and a gourmet cook). I remember being inspired by his photography as a girl, growing up in Vanuatu. He would photograph the horse club events, and capture both the events and more intimate moments. My family still has a lot of his photos on our walls.

Well, my mum and I were blessed with his tutelage on our Cotswold trip. He sees things that I miss, or that I simply can’t see. But we had lessons on our cameras, different options that they include, what to look at when we’re framing our photos,  and lighting, among other details. A great opportunity in a gorgeous part of the country.

Last night we looked through some of the wedding work he’s done. I’m going to start saving now, because now that I’ve seen what a wedding album can look like, I don’t think that I can go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment