Wednesday 21 September 2011

Day 2: no work

TimePlan didn't have any work for me today, so I used the time to go clothes shopping. To make money, or to spend it, hmmm... I figured I better have more than one set of professional clothes though, on the off chance a school calls me in more than one day in a row.
I also started my group fiddle lesson this eve! As great as it is to be so close to London, it's also a bit of a pain. It took me an hour and a half to get there, for a two hour fiddle session. For you math wizzes out there, that's 3 hours in transit for 2 hours of playing. If I lived further away, it wouldn't even be an option, so I wouldn't have to worry about transit times.
The lesson was fun though. We learned two Irish tunes, and a few bowing techniques. There were a LOT of us. As in, more than 30. But the price is right, even after you factor in transit fare. Even so, the guy must be making a killing.
It's a mixed ability class, so there's a bit too much for me to focus on as far as technique goes (I can barely get the notes). Once again, I'm at the bottom of the lot by say... 10 years of experience? This is why adults never learn anything new. It's too depressing to constantly be in way over your head. Or be stuck with the 5 year olds. Who can still play better than you. See, with private lessons, at least you don't REALISE how bad you are :P

No comments:

Post a Comment