Tuesday 25 October 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Considering I'm the first person not to get cultural references, perhaps I shouldn't be using one as my title. I frequently attempt using my "I grew up in Vanuatu" card, never mind that I've now been back for almost 20 years. H was pretty quick to point out "That's no excuse! So did I!" Oh...

It was great seeing her again. I was lucky enough to meet up with her five years ago when I was last here in the UK. Now she has a little one. And boy is he gorgeous! Mocha skin, loose curls, deep eyes. They've moved to a new neighborhood with the world's greatest playground. It's set in a huge park surrounding a historic mansion (Danson House), next to a lake where they have sailing in the summertime. The playground is huge. It has the usual big toys, plus a gigantic rope jungle gym, a child sized farm, an in-ground trampoline, tunnels that even I could crawl through, a zip line, a water park, a pirate ship, a rocket, you name it. When you're done, you can go on a tour of the house, or to the stables which have been refitted as a restaurant/cafe. It's like something out of a movie. Oh wait, they probably FILM the movies here!



No comments:

Post a Comment