Friday 21 October 2011

Half-term already?!?

I can't believe that it's already half term! As of 3 hours ago, I have a whole 9 days off! Time is flying by so quickly that I'm a little scared. There's so much more that I want to do. I'm not ready to go home. Not that I'm going home anytime soon, but I just can't imagine being ready by the end of the year. We'll have to see if and how my feelings change throughout the year.

Last week I had a 100% enjoyable week! I was personally requested by a school I'd already been to a few weeks ago, and found that I worked well in (atmosphere and people). Luckily. Because of my Guaranteed Supply Teaching contract, I pretty much have to go wherever they send me. I am allowed to "code" one school (say that I won't go there).

Things I have learned so far:
- how to be more strict
- how to raise my voice authoritatively, without anger
- that I would not only survive in a Reception class (Kindergarten-ish), but can actually enjoy it
- the learning speeds and abilities of different age groups (in progress)
- phonetic spelling by Essex children is hilarious
- not to use the word "pants" in a classroom (it means underwear here)
- when a 4 year old tells you that he/she needs to go to the bathroom, it means NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment