Sunday 16 October 2011

All Dressed in Yellow

I had such an amazing time at the Fiddlers˚ Bid concert last night! I had seen three of the band members play in separate groups that week, as well as having had Andrew as an instructor, and had high expectations of what it would be like to see them all play together. Dangerous, especially when you haul a new friend with you to go see them. They did NOT disappoint! Wow! All that energy! I love it when you can feel the music go all the way through you. From vibrations up through the soles of your feet, through your chest, and through your soul. They were obviously having a blast playing together. Touring must get expensive going through all that horse hair though.


I was so pumped leaving there that I couldn't sleep most of the night. THAT's what I want to experience when I play.

Hearing the music I experienced on the Shetland Islands brought back many fond memories of my trip up there this summer. It was also a treat briefly running into a couple people that I had met at Fiddle Frenzy. Some people had traveled quite a distance to get to Birmingham that night. It was held in a smaller community's parish hall. Even THAT brought back memories of the evenings we spent out of town, listening to a concert, clearing away the chairs, and dancing the night away. I had SUCH a hard time staying in my seat last night. I could have listened to the stories and the music all night long. Three hours were NOT enough!

It's hard to describe this link I now feel with the Shetlands. It's almost as if I'm experiencing homesickness for a place that is not my home. The people were so friendly and welcoming, and the landscape unforgettable. Everything about it was unique, and yet homey in a way that melds with your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment