Saturday 31 March 2012

Home sweet home

I officially moved into my new place today (ie. I gained possession of my room, and am no longer sleeping on Kimberly's floor). There's so much SPACE that I don't quite know what to do with it! It's probably about 5 or 6 times bigger than my room on Mill Lane.
First order of business... Washing the dingy curtains. One of the benefits in having connections in your new place is learning some of the closely hidden secrets. For example, there's a way around paying for one of the washing machines in the laundry room. Unfortunately there was someone else doing her laundry when we got there, so Kimberly gave me this long-winded tour of the ironing boards, the hanging racks, the settings on the machines... The other girl must have either thought we were both dense, or felt really sorry for me. Lol.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! Getting further and further from that cardboard box all the time... - Mum

    ReplyDelete