Wednesday 4 January 2012

Good ol' London!

I'm back home again! It was fascinating... as soon as we got off the train, you could tell that we were back in London. It was so CLEAN! And didn't smell like, well, urine.

The trade off is that I found the Parisians incredibly warm and friendly. I haven't a clue where they got their snobby stereotype. Not once did anyone pretend to not understand my accent. In fact, everyone seemed eager to strike up a conversation and ask me where I was from and what I was about.

And so helpful! My aunt and I had but to pause with a puzzled look on our face, and someone would stop their busy routine and ask us where we were headed, or what we were looking for. I'm not exaggerating... it was that quick!

Another example: we went to a shop, and though they didn't have what we were looking for, the lady got on the phone, started calling around to other shops, and THEN went next door to see if her neighbour knew what bus we needed to take to get to point B.

I was seriously impressed. That being said, it does feel good to be home again. Many thanks to Morvan, who lent us his apartment in Paris, which was an amazing home away from home.

Facebook Paris Album 1 and 2

No comments:

Post a Comment