Sunday 29 January 2012

Gung Hey Fat Choi

I crashed yesterday. Recovering from lack of sleep and over socialization. I know it may come as a surprise to some of you (none who have lived with me I'm sure), but as much as I love people, I'm in reality an introvert.

But that set me up for today. What a day it was! After church I headed into town to meet up with some coworkers. We'd volunteered to be guinea pigs for a new interactive treasure hunt around London. This is SO my cup of tea!!! Each team is given a BlackBerry mobile and a map. Clues are texted to you, and as you text back the answers, you receive more historical information about whatever it is you found, and then our next clue. Great exercise, especially if you're a little bit competitive. The clues were generally within about a km of each other, but we were on the go for a good couple of hours.
The winning team. How rude.
Following the hunt, Heather, the other dark curly haired girl from Canadia, as the Keith the Australian likes to call it, and I continued on to Chinatown and Trafalgar Square for the rest of the Chinese New Year festivities. We picked up some of those miniature sidewalk firecrackers, and got into some minor mischief with those, some sketchy chinese food from a vendor, and watched as they lit Nelson's column on fire as part of their fireworks show.


However, I am s-s-so cold. One of those wet Vancouver cold to the bone days. Maybe I'll go fill my big Paris mug with steaming hot chocolate and curl up by the fireplace with a blanket. Mmmm... I even think I still have a Sherlock movie left to watch. Can the weekend get any better?

1 comment:

  1. You are SO NOT! an introvert! Yeesh! (your fave Mum)

    ReplyDelete