Sunday 20 November 2011

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed...

One of my housemates complemented me on how well put together I was looking this morning. I answered "I'm a real girl now," referencing Pinocchio. Then expanded with "I'm not a puppet anymore." As soon as it was out of my mouth, I realised the irony of my statement.

That being said, I sure felt small town when we got to Camden Market, and we stepped into Cyberdog. All of my senses were totally overwhelmed. The staff either looked like they were intent on becoming cyborgs, or being adopted into the Jetsons family.

I loved Camden Stables Market... it's built on the site of a Victorian horse hospital, which was used to treat the horses that were injured while pulling the barges down the canals. You could catch glimpses of giant copper horse sculptures through the milling crowds everywhere you looked. And the stalls! You could find anything your heart desires, from retro and vintage, to the exotic and the bizarre. It winds its way under the open sky, through the old arches, and down into the catacombs bellow.

Later on, I creatively found my way to meet Kim at Oxford Circus. WHY they choose to shut down half the tub lines for repairs on weekends is beyond me. Supposedly half of London commutes out of town for the weekends, and it's "dead". I can't wait to see the congestion during the Olympics next summer. Side-tracking, side-tracking.

The Christmas shoppers are out! We wove our way down Regent Street, clutching each other's sleeve or coat collar, finding our way to Hamleys Toy Store... 5 floors of fun for children of all ages! They have hired extra workers for the holidays, demonstrating toys. With all of the people, the toys flying around,the decorations and the Christmas music blasting from the speakers, the place had the distinct feel of Santa's workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment