Saturday 4 August 2012

Free Fiddle Instruction

So the guy who used my distraction to get onto the airplane with his violin unimpeded turned out to be really nice. He's the musical director for the Melbourne Scottish Music Club. Very passionate about making fiddling accessible to all. He made sure that there was an overhead compartment free for my fiddle.
Because our flight had been delayed, we all missed the bus. For some reason, the inter-community buses on this remote island only run every so many hours. Luckily there were also people here for a Shetland Sheep conference trying to get to Lerwick, and we all shared a taxi.
Later that evening, Matthew (Ozzie) tracked me down and put me through my paces with the concert sets we'd been emailed in prep for Fiddle Frenzy. Thank you Sinan for convincing me to work on them when I would have stayed FAR away, or I would have been REALLY embarrassed! I just might be able to participate in the concert after all, as long as we start off nice and slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment