Sunday 5 August 2012

Fiddle Frenzy: Day 1

Today was the first official day of Fiddle Frenzy. It was worrying to see how many people were knackered by the time the evening concert came along. LOL, doesn't bide well for the rest of the week.

Once again I find myself stuck between two ability groups. They've renamed the slow group to 'improvers'. There's a HUGE gap between that and the intermediate. I tried both, and could almost keep up with the intermediate. I've been burned too many times though, so am being conservative and sticking with improvers. Another lady sitting across from me feels the same way. She was laughing at break time and telling me that she could see my eyes literally glaze over after the umpteenth repeat of the same phrase. I'd rather walk away with a few tunes though, than frustrated with a bunch of half learned tunes I never get around to learning properly. Next year...

I was surprised at just how many familiar faces I saw today! I recognise almost everyone! Even Kate came back, which was a GREAT surprise as we get along so well. Knowing people takes a certain strain off the whole experience. I don't think I'll find this year nearly as overwhelming as last. Not dealing with jet lag or culture shock might make a difference too ;)

After the concert we headed to the dance. Unfortunately it was held in a different location this year, so the majority of people disappeared somewhere in between. At around 11, we heard that there was a session going on in the hostel lounge, so I ran up to the dorm to grab my fiddle (and PJs), and joined them. So if this entry is a little disjointed, it's because it's nearly 1am and I've had an eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment