Friday 10 February 2012

Strange Behaviour

I often find that as I'm in bed, trying to shut down my brain for the night, I have a song or tune running loops around the outer edges. Tonight it was [dramatically shortened] "a, e, i, o u, a vowel is in every word, that we read or write."

Children can be so strange. We affectionately term the underachieving Year 1's "Dozy Ducks". Every morning I have to cajole, bribe, entice, bully and manipulate them into staying focused and singing the alphabet and vowel song with the rest of the class (who likely don't need it anymore). Then I give them Golden Time on Friday afternoon, and the rest of the class is off playing lego or house, and my Dozy Ducks are glued to the whiteboard, fighting over who gets to use the pointer, all of them singing the alphabet song. What the bleep?


1 comment:

  1. I don't knowwww the vowel song! Will you sing it for me sometime? - Mumbling Mum

    ReplyDelete