Thursday 16 February 2012

Ahoy from Bristol

I've had a great visit with Olive so far. When my parents and I passed through last September, I had no idea what we were missing (sorry Mum!)

The city is just full of different architectural styles from various eras throughout history. I love just wandering around town, taking it all in.

It seems that Bristol's history is tightly linked with the sea... Trade, explorers, piracy, the slave trade, press gangs.

Tomorrow we go on a self-guided treasure trail. "This trail explores the many faces of Redcliffe and Temple, from historic caves, through the industrialisation of the city to the stylish glass and steel redevelopment at Temple Quay."

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to quit reading your posts. I just get jealous. New signature for me - JM (aka Jealous Mum)

    ReplyDelete