Wednesday 21 December 2011

Bonjour de la France!

Bonjour du Sud de la France!

Disclosure: I am fully aware that I do not blog in any sort of regular pattern. Because I have to censor what I write due to the sensitivity of school issues, I rarely write during the week. The best way to follow my adventures would be to subscribe by e-mail.

I have been LOVING my visit to the South of France. I was coming primarily to visit my friend Elea, who's family kindly addopted me in highschool. Because I had been focusing on that, I hadn't thought too much about teh AREA I was coming to. Here's an exerpt from a postcard I wrote this morning:

"I feel like no matter how long  I am here, there will still be more to explore. Yesterday we went to see these natural "orgue" sand sculptures that are a bit like the Alberta Badlands, only more delicate (on les appelle des cheminées de fée par ici).


"Everything here is so close. Not only country to country (imaginez... 9 livres pour un vol international!) but within the area that Eléa lives as well. The Mediterranean Sea is a half hour drive to the East, she lives in a flat orchard/vinyard area, and the Pyréné foothills are maybe 15 mins away. There are ancient castles, abbies and churches everywhere! And oh... the food!


"It's not too late to come visit."

I've aready posted a few photo albums on FaceBook, so check them out. I've got more to post once I have a free moment, as well as some retroactive blog posts about the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment