Friday 8 July 2011

Camp Yukon

Now that the goodbyes have begun, my approaching departure has become bittersweet. There are a lot of people up here in the Yukon that mean a heck of a lot to me! I keep telling myself that it's only for a year.
The farewells aside, I had a great time at Camp Yukon and was sad to cut my time short. It's a beautiful place, with amazing people. A place you can really feel God move in.
Things you forget about camp/memorable moments: tans that wash off (ick!), sneaking off to have your shower so you don't get "baptized" by a bucket of cold water, finding sand in your stuff months after leaving camp, good ol' fashioned kitchen party after chapel (well, the KIDS liked our playing), how a relaxed 30 minute stroll can be turned into an hour of torturous marching by certain kids, when pranks meant for one are accidentally played on another, seeing kids grow year-by-year.
I've posted some pictures on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment